Sunday, November 4, 2007

One of those all-to-rare Sundays...


You know the kind, you got way more stuff done on Saturday than you normally do, so now you have this wonderful stretch of guilt-free hours with absolutely nothing "to do," and everything is wide open. So I decided to putter around with some of the more fun stuff that has been sitting to one side for too long. (I won't bore you with the details, and besides, everybody's idea of fun is different, so I think I'll retain an air of mystery, rather than tell you and have you snicker and go, "That's her idea of fun?!") And of course, I had to play some music to go with. I started out with Cat Power; that got things rolling very gently. Then I decided to pick up the tempo a bit, and switched to a compilation CD of oldies (1959-61) from the CUB label. What a great collection of R&B! Terrific tunes from the Impalas (best known for "Sorry I Ran All the Way Home"), The Harptones, The Pyramids, the Velours, and many many more. After that, I fast-forwarded to the '00s for some rascally alt country from the Canadian group, Blackie and the Rodeo Kings. Then I paused for a moment to once again savor the fact that the Wolverines beat the Spartans yesterday, and that kind of led to a double dip of the Beach Boys - "Be True to Your School" and "Pom Pom Playgirl." After that, it was time for a second cup of coffee and my new Ronnie Spector CD, "Last of the Rock Stars." Don't know what the rest of the day will hold. Maybe I'll take The O.C. out for a spin (see Oct. 26 post) and look at the fall colors before they're gone. That might require some Don Henley ("Boys of Summer") and some Byrds ("Turn Turn Turn"). Okay, I'm outa here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the cat power! my kinda cat. now I need to find a picture of my dog laying on my computer like that will happen. please more pictures

Deborah Godin said...

Hey, maybe a YouTube vid of Paul Anka singing "Puppy Love" would help you get that shot... If you do, I'll put it up here!