Wednesday, September 17, 2008

FEATURE SONG – Sorry (I Ran All The Way Home) by The Impalas, 1959


I’m what you’d call a playoffs sports fan. I don’t really watch all my fave teams during the regular season, but if any of them advance, well, I’m right there cheering. I root for the following: Hockey – Red Wings, Pro football – Calgary Stampeders, College football – U of Michigan. That’s it; I don’t follow basketball or anything else. As you can imagine, I was pretty happy with last years Stanley Cup results, and the Wolverines, well, they need to pick it up a bit, but it’s still early. Most recently, I’ve been keeping an eye on the Tigers, a team capable of great things but who have admittedly had kind of a roller coaster season. I think it will pretty much take a miracle now, but what the heck, let’s give ‘em a boost, some musical encouragement anyway. Maybe they'll "run all the way home" a few more times before they're done for the season. And who better than these guys…and this is the perfect song. Speaking of perfect, I saw them perform this live on TV, wearing baseball uniforms. I can’t remember if they had a team logo on the uniforms, can’t even remember what show they were on, maybe Bandstand, or possibly Ed Sullivan. Unfortunately, that particular video isn’t currently on YouTube, so if anyone has any of the particulars, I would dearly love to know.




P.S. I’m taking my tower into the shop for some work, so if you don’t hear from me for a few days, fear not, I will return!


Video by YT member
Photo at www.hellowdetroit.com

No comments: