Sunday, August 24, 2008

FALSETTO THEN AND NOW

Ah, real he-men with high voices. A.k.a. falsetto. I don’t know what it is about males signing in this register that has such universal appeal, such endless fascination. The same isn’t always true of men with high speaking voices, but when they sing, the girls go crazy. I like it so much (warning, shameless plug coming up) I’ve included a section about falsetto singers in my forthcoming (2009) rock ‘n’ roll trivia book, “Peanut Butter and Mashed Potatoes” (the sequel to “Papa Do Run”). These guys have lasting appeal too, given that our two feature songs could barely be more separated on the popular music timeline. I’m happy to have both on my shelf. I realize I’ve had earlier posts that linked to “He’s In town” by the British Invasion group The Rockin’ Berries, but it’s just sooooo good, we can always listen again, right? And Coldplay is an instant modern classic. So, here they are; two of my favorite falsetto voices/songs. Ya just gotta love it! And go ahead and squeal, ladies. No one can hear you on the web.

The Rockin' Berries - He's In Town

Thanks to YT member Gatorrock786

Coldplay - Yellow

Thanks to YT member Jehann1999

No comments: