Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I'LL ALWAYS LOVE YOU...

I had one of those eclectic music mornings yesterday. It started out with a visit to the Keep the Coffee Coming blog, which was featuring a song by one of my favorite contemporary singers, "Greenville" by Lucinda Williams. From there I went on to browse around my own CD shelf - the Mamas and Papas, a little Donovan, a quick jump over to the Burrito Brothers, then double back for some classic doo wop from the Cleftones. I ended up my session with a song from one of my favorite voices, Dion Di Mucci. This one really showcases his slow dance love ballad side instead of the finger-poppin' numbers people probably think of first. It was the flip side of his big hit, "Ruby Baby." When it comes to heartbreak songs, I'd put "He'll Only Hurt You" right up there with "Cryin" and "You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling."


1 comment:

farmlady said...

Well, this takes me way back. I danced to this music. Thank you for such a cool blog. Memories are wonderful.

I found you on One Single Impression.
Keep up the good work.